Lakeside Child and Family Center, ca. 1948 – 2000
Title: Lakeside Child and Family Center
Reference Code: Mss-1288
Inclusive Dates: ca. 1948-2000
Quantity: 000.4 cu. ft.
Location: WH, Sh. D206
Abstract: The Lakeside Child and Family Center’s roots reach back to 1850 with the establishment of the Milwaukee Orphan’s Asylum. The institution gradually expanded its reach to include neglected children regardless of their “orphan” status. In 1943, the facility’s name was changed to Lakeside Children’s Center, and it placed increasing emphasis on treating emotionally disturbed children. As a result, Lakeside became one of the country’s leading residential treatment facilities. In 1989, Lakeside merged with St. Aemilian’s to form St. Aemilian-Lakeside, Inc.
Scope and Content: The collection consists of historical information, newsletters, employee handbooks, policy/function statements, articles of incorporation/by-laws, clippings, brochures, and other miscellaneous material.
Access and Use: No restrictions
Notes: The records were donated through the Audrey Laatsch (a long-time administrator/counselor) Estate. The collection was processed by Kevin Abing, December 13, 2003
|Folder Heading||Box #||File #|
|Articles of Incorporation/By-Laws, ca. 1955-1980||1||2|
|Brochures, ca. 1950s-1980s||1||3|
|Employee Handbooks/Personnel Manuals, 1965-1986||1||4|
|Newsletters, 1975-1987 (Not Inclusive)||1||6|
|Newspaper Clippings, 1969-2000||1||7|
|Policy/Function Statements, ca. 1981||1||8|
|Staff/Board Rosters, 1979-ca. 1990||1||9|
|PHOTO: See OS #2306|
910 N. Old World Third Street
Milwaukee, WI 53203-1591