Milwaukee Athletic Club
Title: Milwaukee Athletic Club
Reference Code: Mss-2098
Inclusive Dates: 1896 – 1991
Quantity: 000.3 cu. ft.
Location: GV, Sh. 018
Abstract: The Milwaukee Athletic Society (later the Milwaukee Athletic Club) was formed in March 1879 to promote physical fitness. It was incorporated in September 1882. The club was located at several locations before it moved to the present site at the corner of Broadway and Mason in 1917. In addition to full athletic facilities for men and women, the MAC offers members spaces for social and business functions.
Scope and Content: The collection consists of correspondence, newspaper clippings, the MAC Clubman magazine, as well as flyers, brochures and invitations to various sporting and social events.
Access and Use: No restrictions
|Folder Heading||Box #||File #|
|Athletic and Sporting Events||1||1|
|Flyers and Invitations to Social Events||1||2|
|MAC Clubman Magazine, 1965-1990 (not inclusive)||1||4|
910 N. Old World Third Street
Milwaukee, WI 53203-1591