Eschweiler and Eschweiler Collection
Title: Eschweiler and Eschweiler Collection
Reference Code: Mss-3281
Inclusive Dates: 1943
Quantity: 000.03 cu. ft.
Location: MV, F31
Abstract: Eschweiler and Eschweiler was one of Milwaukee’s most prestigious architectural firms. Alexander C. Eschweiler established the firm in 1892. In 1923, he entered into a partnership with his three sons: Alexander, Jr.; Theodore; and Carl. Some of the firm’s noteworthy projects were Plymouth Congregational Church, Milwaukee-Downer College, Milwaukee Gas Light Company building, the Milwaukee Public Museum, and the Milwaukee Arena.
Scope and Content: The collection consists of a book published in 1943 highlighting work of the Eschweiler architectural firm for the previous 50 years.
Access and Use: No restrictions