Greater Milwaukee Committee
Title: Greater Milwaukee Committee
Manuscript Number: Mss-0444
Inclusive Dates: 1948 – 2003
Bulk: .03 cu. ft.
Location: Sm Mss.
Scope and Content: The Greater Milwaukee Committee was formed in 1948 to continue the work of the 1948 Corporation in its efforts to promote civic progress and civic pride. Among the projects the GMC has supported are the Milwaukee Arena, County Stadium, the relocated zoo, and the expressway system. The collection includes annual reports, biographical data on committee members, newspaper clippings and miscellaneous reports.
Access and Use: No restrictions
Administrative Note: Processed by Illiana Zambrano, December 2016
Notes: Photos, see M-40.
|Annual Reports, 1950-1951, 1962||Sm Mss|
|Miscellaneous Reports||Sm Mss|
|-Report of the Fund Raising Study Committee, 1957|
|-Community Progress, Milwaukee Downtown, 1963|
|-Greater Milwaukee’s Need for a Comprehensive Medical Center, 1967|
|News Releases/Newspaper Clippings re: Leland S. McFarland, Casimir Kendziorski, Richard J. Zaborski, David Meissner, and Julia Taylor||Sm Mss|
|Milwaukee Journal reprint, “Are We Going Places?” Nov. 30-Dec. 4, 1952||Sm Mss|
|Newspaper Clippings, miscellaneous
NOTE: For additional clippings, see Microfilm Rolls #527-529