Joseph Wittig Co., Inc., 1863 – 1990
Title: Joseph Wittig Co., Inc., 1863 – 1990
Call Number: Mss-1638
Bulk: 1.4 cu. ft.
Joseph Wittig started his plumbing business in 1865 and originally named it J. and F. Wittig Company. Four generations ran the business from 1865 to 1990. The business went through numerous, minor name changes until it finally became the Joseph Witting Company, Incorporated. The firm operated offices in Milwaukee and West Bend.
The collection consists of business correspondence, meetings minutes, newspaper clippings, and plumbing catalogs.
The collection was processed on July 10, 1991 by Patrick J. Jung. The finding aid was retyped on September 27, 2011 by Jenny Stevenson.
Photograph collection, M-72b
|Correspondence, business documents, land deeds, 1890, 1892, 1896, 1977 – 1979, 1980 1984||1||1|
|100th Anniversary material, 1964 – 1965||1||2|
|Company histories, 1926, 1975, 1979||1||3|
|Advertisements and articles, 1952 – 1971||1||4|
|Newspapers, 1952 – 1971||1||5|
|Corporate stock certificates, 1945 – 1986||1||6|
|Record of building permits and extensions, 1888 – 1935||1||7|
|Business and financial transactions, 1883 – 1884||1||8|
|Minutes for Board of Directors and Stockholder’s Meetings and related documents, 1911 – 1964||1||Loose in box|
|Minutes for Board of Directors and Stockholder’s Meetings, 1954 – 1977||1||Loose in box|
|Minutes for Board of Directors and Stockholder’s Meetings, 1977 – 1990||1||Loose in box|
|Wolf Plumbing Goods Co., Bath Catalog, 1906||2||Loose in box|
|Clow and Sons Plumbing Co., catalog, 1908||2||Loose in box|
|United States Sanitary Mfg. Co., catalog, 1909||2||Loose in box|
|John. C. Kupferle Foundry Co., catalog, 1928||2||Loose in box|
|Kohler of Kohler Co., catalog, 1928||2||Loose in box|
|Kohler of Kohler Co., catalog, 1936||2||Loose in box|
|Kohler of Kohler Co., catalog, 1948||2||Loose in box|
|Mueller Brass Goods, catalog, 1918||Loose on shelf|
|Standard Plumbing Goods, catalog, 1920||Loose on shelf|
|Certificate of membership in National Association of Master Plumbers, Dec. 19, 1896||OS SM “W”|