Lonnborg, Kenneth Papers
Title: Lonnborg, Kenneth
Reference Code: Mss-2330
Inclusive Dates: 1938-1993
Quantity: 0.31 cu. ft. total
Location: BV, Sh. 104 (0.3 cu. ft.)
MV, F35 (0.01 cu. ft.)
Abstract: Kenneth Lonnborg was born in 1923 in Brooklyn, New York, and relocated to Milwaukee after serving in the Navy during World War II. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin in 1950 and began a career in physical therapy, retiring in 1985. He also composed two songs, “My Milwaukee” and “Wisconsinland,” that were recorded by entertainer Hildegarde.
Scope and Content: The collection consists of correspondence, notes, cards, telegrams, invitations, programs, sheet music and other miscellaneous items pertaining to Lonnborg’s interaction with Hildegarde.
Access and Use: No restrictions
Notes: The collection was processed by Steve Daily, May 21, 1996
|Folder Heading||Box #||File #|
|Correspondence, notes, cards, telegrams, 1963-1992||1||1|
|Programs, Sheet Music, Articles, Etc.
– Statements and invoices, 1968;
– Copyright certificates, 1963, 1967;
– Proclamation from Mayor’s Office, 1968;
– Invitation and programs, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1992;
– Sheet music (some by Kenneth Lonnborg) 1946, 1954, 1963;
– Photo captions and news releases from Miller Brewing Co., n.d.;
– Article in Exclusively Yours Jan. 1990;
– Article in Mount Mary Magazine Spring 1993;
– Article in Call Board Winter 1986; and misc. items.
|Clippings and articles, 1938-1992||1||3|
|St. Regis-Sheraton menu with inscription on inside cover recording the introduction of “My Milwaukee” song by Hildegarde, Feb. 3, 1968.||MV||F35|
PHOTOS: See: Lonnborg, Kenneth – M-115