Milwaukee County Infirmary Records

Mss-2881

Bulk: 20.9

MILWAUKEE COUNTY. INSTITUTIONS AND DEPARTMENTS. INFIRMARY

1922-1978

The Milwaukee County Infirmary was originally known as the “Almshouse,” the first of the county’s institutions.  To dispel any negative connotations toward the establishment, the Board of Administration changed the name of the Almshouse to the Milwaukee County Infirmary in 1917. The name persisted until the Infirmary closed in 1978.

BOX 1:

File   1: Budget Material, 1922, 1927-1930

File   2: Budget Material, 1931-1935

File   3: Budget Material, 1936-1941

File   4: Budget Material, 1942-1945

File   5: Budget Balances, 1931-1937

File   6: Budget Balances, 1938-1941

LOOSE:

– Ledger: Inmates Population Book, 1963-1976

– Visitors Register, 1958-1961

– Guest Register, 1973-1978

February 28, 2002

Kevin Abing


MCHS
×